Monday, November 9, 2020

2020 US Presidential Election - Postmortem Analysis Of My Prediction

 




I made the overall US Presidential election prediction based on the July 5, 2020 lunar eclipse in Capricorn. I stated that Biden would win the election. Thank Heavens, I got that right. Then I analyzed several battleground states - Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, Arizona, and Florida. I got all those correct except for Florida. I predicted that Biden would be able to rebuild the Midwestern blue wall. He was successful in doing so, although Wisconsin was again very close - just about a 20K vote gap. 


I originally left Florida as a tossup. I did not change that based on Astrology. I later moved the race to favoring Biden based on election polling, and that Biden was doing well among seniors. The (average) polling was very incorrect with regard to Florida this year - about 5 or 6 points depending on which polling aggregator that you want to use. Although Biden did do comparatively better with regard to seniors in the state, he under-performed significantly in Miami-Dade County (Florida’s largest county). He won the county, but the gap was not nearly what he needed it to be. This is partially because of the Cuban American vote, but other demographics performed poorly for him as well (other than African Americans). 


I was very pleased that Biden flipped/won Arizona as I had predicted. Arizona had long been a Republican stronghold. Democratic candidate Mark Kelly also won that state’s Senate race. Kelly actually outperformed Biden and helped pull Biden across the finish line (as I also predicted). Interestingly, Mr. Kelly’s natal Sun/Mars/Saturn is in opposition to Trump’s natal Ascendant/Mars.


I did not get a chance to analyze Georgia’s chart for the election, but I stated early on that the state would be very interesting and important in this election. Biden has also flipped this state, although a recount is expected. And, there will be a runoff for two Senate seats - the results of which will let us know which party controls the US Senate. All eyes will be on Georgia’s election on January 5, 2021.







No comments:

Post a Comment